Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Wedding Shawlette is DONE!

I have finally finished my Little Leaves shawlette! I LOVE it now that it has been blocked.

Little White Leave project page
So I learned a few new things with this project: how to use lifelines with lace (which are really very useful and I'll never do another lace project without them), how to bead while knitting, and how to steam block (I've only ever wet blocked).

Beads!
The yarn I used, Knit Picks Shimmer in White, is so very light and soft. Because of the silk content, it's also got a nice sheen. The beads I used are clear with silver on the inside, so there's this nice subtle sparkle when the light hits it. I honestly can't wait to put it on with my dress, but I won't get to do that until the wedding day...which is only a few weeks away!

I am so excited about this shawl and I already have another one planned for the fall (Color Affection, check out the projects, there are so many pretty ones). But first, I need to finish the pair of socks I just cast on this morning. I'm knitting Lace and Cable socks from the book Socks from the Toe Up. This is only my second pair of socks in fingering weight yarn (I've done several in worsted) and the first time I'm trying toe-up and two-at-a-time on two circular needles. Basically I wanted a small project I could take on the plane to San Diego. (And possibly work on while I laze about on the beach if M lets me!)

2 comments:

  1. This shawl is stunning! When is/was the wedding? Hope all your crafting went well! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wedding was back in June. I got so busy after that, I never shared pictures. I need to remedy that. ;)

      Delete