Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Late WIP Wednesday

Still cracking away at my City Creek Cowl from last week (almost done with the first chart, so I'm about 1/2 way done), but I did take a break and cast on a Hermione Hearts Ron fingerless glove.

I really need to charge my camera and stop using my phone...
Even though there's two cables and it's in sport weight yarn, I knit it up pretty fast. I made some changes, which I noted on my project page, because I have larger hands. (Most women's gloves are usually a little tight and the fingers are always too short.) I'm really happy with how it looks! The yarn was a little darker than I expected (it's midnight blue, but in most situations looks black), but I still like it. And as soon as I finish my cowl, I'll probably knit the other one up quickly because my poor hands are not dealing with the cold very well and it's a pain wearing gloves all the time. I still have to knit the Abra Alma wrist warmers for my FMIL, but considering those are a slightly heavier yarn weight and have no cables, I'm thinking those will fly off the needles. (Also I can only seem to find 2/4 of my US 4 dpns. They're probably still attached to a wip in my box of "I'm probably never going to finish" stuff.) 

Also I have enough yarn from my H<3R gloves to make the matching hat after the new year! Because coordinating is fun. Or something. Also I need a decent wool hat. All of my current winter hats are acrylic and they don't hold in heat as well as wool. But who knows, if this year's winter was like last year's, southern Ohio won't get much much snow, so it won't be a proper winter anyways. Which is annoying. Freezing rain is stupid, I want snow.  It's not a proper snow if it doesn't hide all of the dead grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment