Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Since I'm working on a lot of things, it's time to share!

City Creek Cowl in KnitPicks Reverie
Holy cow, I have never used alpaca yarn before let alone baby alpaca and I have to say it is the softest stuff on the planet. If this weren't a gift, I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to take it off. But once holiday knitting is over, I may have to buy more and knit a cowl for myself! It's so snuggly. Also seen in the pick is a cute WIP bag that I got in a tea and yarn swap on Ravelry! HPKCHC has some awesome members and the swaps are a lot of fun. I just recently participated in another, so once I send off my package, I'll make sure to share what I received this week!

Pedestrian Crossing Cowl
I changed my mind about what to knit my younger FSIL. I was worried that one skein of KP Swish wasn't quite enough, so I went with the Pedestrian Crossing Cowl. Honestly I really enjoyed knitting this! The pattern was really easy to memorize, so I took it with me everywhere and finished it pretty quickly even though I'd only work on it for an hour or so at a time. Also Swish is a superwash merino, so it's softer than most wools I've worked with before. I think the next sweater I make in worsted wool will be in this. I do recommend it for people who usually find wool itchy to give it a shot, there's nothing itchy about it. (If you're allergic, though, it'll still irritate your skin.)

So 2 knit gifts down (the PC cowl and the neck scarf from a few posts ago), 1 in progress, and at least one more to go! I am making decent progress! And once I'm done, I can go back to knitting Paulie, which is sitting lonely and untouched in its WIP bag and will do so 'til Christmas knitting is done. :( Soon, Paulie, soon!

4 comments:

  1. That purple cowl looks scrummy! I'm so behind on Christmas knitting, but so many other things I want to knit! What's HPKCHC? :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HPKCHC is the Ravelry group Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup. It's really fun! They post monthly classes that you can fit projects into and it's all HP themed. It's nice because I'm a fan but also because it's a good motivator for me to make and finish projects. If you like HP I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that baby alpaca looks so cozy and nice! I've sworn off Christmas knitting this year as I've been way swamped at work but seeing these makes me want to cast on for a few gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have time, make something small! Or in chunky yarn! Those tend to go pretty fast. Also chunky yarn is so squishy, it's fun. :D

      Delete