Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Plans for this fall...

So this is only my second week of school, but I've already been swamped with readings and other things, so my Renaissance dress has been temporarily put on hold until I adjust to this whole semester thing. (I'm used to quarters and not starting school until late September. Starting school this early has been pretty painful!) But fall is quickly approaching, so the sewing won't be on hold for too long and I've already begun planning up a storm for some knitting projects! I joined a group on Ravelry that does monthly themed projects, so it's helped me focus a little on what I actually want to make in the next few months.

Last post I mentioned I wanted to make the cardigan Paulie and I actually decided to go with the grey/multicolor combination because the majority of the people I asked liked that combination best. I still have plans for an HP themed sweater, so the blue/bronze color combination isn't quite off the table, it's just being put on hold for now. I've ordered the yarn and am patiently waiting for it to arrive. (And by patient, I am bouncing out of my seat like a toddler going, "Is it here yet? Is it here yet?") I also ordered some of Knit Picks' new yarn Galileo for another project, but it's for a Christmas gift, so the project is going to have to wait to be posted so I don't ruin anything. :) But the yarn sounds amazingly soft and I can't wait to use it.

I've also begun a crochet blanket to stash bust some of the acrylic yarn that's been sitting in my bins for ages. I'm making crochet tiles based off of the Wool Eater Blanket in order to make a autumn colored blanket.

Tile 1 for Autumn Blanket

I bought the burgundy, olive, and rust a long time ago with the intentions of making a throw, but I never got around to it and then I stopped using acrylic yarn in favor of wool and natural fibers and the yarn just kind of sat in the bottom of my yarn basket. But I am in must-make-all-the-things mode, so while I'm waiting for my Knit Picks yarn to arrive, I started this. I saw a bavarian crochet blanket on Pinterest and really liked how the squares radiate in the pattern, but right now I want a project I can carry with me and work on in modules, so tiles it is. 3 repeats and a border makes a 9" square in the worsted yarn, so these are going to work up pretty fast. I've also got a brighter red and a gold, so I think this blanket will be quite nice once it's finished. And I'll basically have brought all of the colors of changing leaves into my house, which makes me happy! I love fall and the bold colors never seem to last quite long enough, so now I get to hold onto them for as long as possible. :)

I've also got plans for knit catnip toys for all of the kitties in my life (there are several, but no, they don't all live with me!) as well as a few other gift-type things. I hope others get the craft bug in the fall too. I don't really know what it is, but this season always makes me want to craft, cook, bake... basically do everything except schoolwork. Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. Love the pattern...is it tricky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crochet? Not really! I'm still a beginner when it comes to crochet and once I figured out the chains needed, it was quite easy. Especially since there are a lot of tutorials out there that explain how to make catherine wheels/bavarian crochet blocks.

      Delete