Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Paulie Progress...

Still alive! My right hand is currently stuck in a brace because I either pulled something or have developed carpel tunnel in that hand (I have mild flare ups in my left hand, I guess it's about time for my right?), but I'm alive. And still knitting, regardless of the stupid brace, just not as much. I've been working on Paulie on and off for about a week and a half, I think, and here's what I have so far:

neckband for cardigan
Garter stitch in fingering yarn...it feels like it takes forever, but I'm over halfway done with the garter stitch part. Only 27 more rows to go! Then...endless stockinette! But at least there will be stripes. My swatch is making me excited for adding the stripes.

Swatch!
The stripes won't necessarily look as gradient-like as that, since the color changes happen very quickly, but still, I think the colors look great with the grey. I'm glad I went with the multicolored stripes!

EDIT: Nevermind all that progress I just shared...I noticed I missed one simple step in some of my repeats (I didn't see next three rows, I just saw next row) so I had to frog about 2/3 of what I had done so far. Which was most of a ball of yarn. So. EVEN MORE GARTER STITCH! HOORAY! >:(

2 comments:

  1. This will be so cute! I love the Paulie pattern, but I'm kind of impatient, so I'm not sure I'm up for anything in fingering yarn (the last thing I made in that weight took me SO FREAKIN' LONG that I thought I'd never be done!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also very impatient and this is the first time I've made anything "large" in this weight of yarn. It's definitely a test! But hopefully one I can finish. :)

      Delete