Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

SESA Finished Project!

Hooray! I have finished a project! I'm a little past the deadline for the Sumer Spark Sew-Along, but things have been crazy and I'm glad I had time to make this. I actually finished it yesterday, but didn't have time to take a photo or blog about it.

Blue Border Print Skirt
I am horrible at smiling in photos!
So this is my first garment ever! I am a bit sad that I didn't get to do the Portfolio tunic, but I plan on trying to finish it by the end of July now that I've found different fabric for a muslin and have the fabric for the final piece. So details about the skirt - it's a one seam dirndl skirt with an elastic waist. Not that impressive, but am still mostly happy with it. The elastic is a little big, so the skirt is too loose, but that's an easy fix. I think other than tightening the elastic, it's going to stay as is for now, but seeing as how I have half of what I bought left, I think this may turn into a dress one day. Once I finished I was a little sad I didn't save it for a Hazel because I really do love this fabric and am in love with Sarai's version. Maybe sometime soon.

Skirt Seam
Seam!
So this is the seam. I miscalculated where I was supposed to match up the border print, but because it's so busy, the gathers hide it. (I'm pulling on it so you could see it. Sorry for making you look at my bum, haha.) 

So like I said, not the most complicated project, but I am happy with it for now. Also I'm a newbie at this, so I'm still excited about just finishing something and I honestly can't wait to make more!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty fabric-- that's such a great choice for a skirt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The fabric was definitely an impulse buy, but it was a good impulse. :)

      Delete