Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Things I have been working on...

I've been super busy with finishing my thesis work for school, so I haven't had much time to work on a whole lot. I'm planning on photographing my work in progress tonight or tomorrow as well as my final installation at the end of the year school-wide show. (If you are in the Cincinnati area, look up DAAPworks - that's what I'll be participating in!) But in case you're curious, here's what I've been up to:

- Sewing and embroidering fabric sculptures (will get a special post in the near future)
- Working on a Hufflepuff cross stitch (on hiatus until I finish my thesis work)
- Learning all sorts of sewing techniques such as making and sewing on bias tape, proper hemming and seam finishing techniques (I'm a big fan of french seams right now!), and figuring out how to do an FBA
- Making a muslin for a Sorbetto

The last one was because I was sick of looking at the other stuff I was working on and I've been wanting to make a Sorbetto for forever. I cut out a size 14 with the length of an 18 and other than needing an FBA and the dart lowered, it fits pretty well. I might make it a little longer than the muslin, just because I prefer longer tops, but the current length is ok, too. I'm going to have to wait until after the weekend to figure out the FBA and whatnot, but I am excited. I am really looking forward to the summer so I can have the ever elusive thing called "free time". Are you all excited for summer? Any crafty plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment