Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A UFO Turned FO!

Hooray! Last night I finally finished my Cadence sweater! Last month, I'd finished one sleeve, ripped out and reknit the bottom, and also ripped out the other sleeve because it was too small. And since I have all this free time now that student teaching is over, I made myself finish my sweater. All it needs now is to be blocked, which I will be doing a little later, so I will make sure to share pictures as soon as it's dry.

UFOs always look so sad...
Of course, the weather has been unseasonably warm, so who knows when I'll be able to wear it and not get too hot. (Yes, I just had to use wool. Which would have been nice if I'd actually finished it when I was supposed to!) But I will be in Boston next week, so maybe I'll bring it along just in case it gets chilly.

There are a few more things I hope to accomplish before I leave on Sunday, but I have a busy few days ahead of me (birthday party, wedding, packing...) so I'm not going to rush. I have a nice, light course load for the spring, so as of right now I have lots of free time for the next month and I'll hopefully be able to finish a few things then. I'm also going to be taking a fiber art class! I'm excited! I have no idea what we'll be doing, but the studio is called "Fiber Workshop" so hopefully it's something right up my alley.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing more photos :)

    ReplyDelete