Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Hello 2012

The new year has begun and so has my student teaching! I've been so busy for the past two weeks getting prepared for teaching. However, I am so happy with the school I'm currently at. I really couldn't have asked for a better high school placement. It's only been a week, but I am so impressed with a lot of the work that has been made. Including the fiber art class! Not only have I been teaching basic stitches and how to piece together fabric for patchwork pincushions, I've also been learning a lot more about embroidery. I can't wait to make something in the future and then embellish it. I may have to poke around for my embroidery floss...

In other news, I ordered the Colette Sewing Handbook and it arrived today! I had to purchase some textbooks online and I thought why not get something fun as well? (You can only get so excited about books that are about how to write papers in a certain style. Most boring packages ever.) I looked over it and I'm really excited to read it through and then sit down and get sewing! And funny enough, I noticed a sewalong started today for the patterns in the book. Considering how busy I've become I know I won't have time to participate, but I'm excited to see what the Flickr group comes up with. Maybe I'll get some inspiration!

But anywho, that's a small update, but as soon as some work starts getting produced in my classes, I'll share some of what my students have been making. I also need to start making a pair of slippers inspired by mocassins so I can have an example for the textile art class, so I'll make sure to share those as well. So much to do in the next 4 weeks! And then I switch to a different school and the fun begins again. :)

1 comment: