Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Let the Christmas Crafting Begin!

Finals are done! No more school until January! Let me just say that I'm SO relieved to have this break. This fall has been pretty rough on me because I maxed out on credit hours and...well...that was probably not the best idea. But it's over now and I finally have time to do things I want to do!

To celebrate the end of exams, I started my batch of milk liqueur. Here is what it currently looks like:



Milk Liqueur - Day 1


The recipe (from here):
2 cups milk (I used 2%)
2 cups vodka (I used Smirnoff - the liquor store had a credit card limit and this met it)
2 cup sugar
1/2 lemon
2oz dark chocolate

I also added some fresh mint leaves. I wanted to make the liqueur a little more "holiday" and mint is an easy way to do that. I hope I put enough in so that you can taste it. If it doesn't, maybe next time I'll try crushing them a little first and add a few more leaves. I also want to try making a chai version, but I don't know how much of each spice to add yet, so I'll have to experiment with that later.

So now I just have to wait 10 days! I'll shake it once a day until then and then it'll be ready to strain. I'm planning on getting small canning jars (or mini bottles if I can find them - know any sources?) and then decorating the lids with some Christmas themed fabric and some ribbon. I can't wait to taste it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey! You won a TJ Maxx/Marshalls gift card from my giveaway. Please email me keikolynn {at} gmail {dot} com to collect it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yay, that's awesome! Email sent!

    ReplyDelete