Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Another Knitting Project

I've got another knitting project lined up for once I finish Cadence. It's a quick knit, so I'll probably do it before I start my Owls sweater.


It's a free pattern from Lion Brand. I have wanted a shawl for a while to help me keep warm around the house without having to use a blanket. Also it's something extra I can take with me to school for a little extra warmth in some of the colder classrooms. (It'll definitely be a help in the winter when I'm student teaching, one of my rooms is absolutely freezing!) The yarn I chose also fits within my color palette, which is nice.


The yarn is Lion Brand's Homespun in Tudor, which is one of the few acrylics that I still love. It's also the yarn I learned how to knit with, so me and this yarn go way back. (I don't recommend learning with it, though. It's a great yarn, don't get me wrong! It's just fuzzy and fuzzy is difficult to learn with.) It's VERY soft and VERY snuggly. Also it's got...4?...colors from my palette, so hey. I bought more yarn than recommended, but I plan on making a pair of wrist warmers and possibly a cowl and hat, depending on how much I have left over. 


Cool weather is here! Have any warm, snuggly projects planned?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, looks lovely! I'm still working on Cadence, but I've made a nice dent in the chart section!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I think the chart is the more time consuming part of the sweater, because you have to keep track of everything. The rest of the body is much easier. I'm still working on it a bit here and there, hopefully I'll start the sleeves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, what lovely warm and cozy shawl! The yarn is lovely, too. Such pretty colours! I am working on cowls as practice for Cadence. As as brand-new knitter, I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Practice is important! Even though I've been knitting for several years now, there are things I'm still learning. Can't wait to see your cowls. :)

    ReplyDelete