Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Crafting Woes

I'm pretty sure I am going to drown in articles and readings this quarter (yay grad school), so forgive me if my posts slow down. A lot. I am so busy it's ridiculous. Hopefully I will survive.

I hope everyone is having good progress on their sweaters for the KAL! Mine is sitting in a sad pile begging me to finish it, but I can't knit and read at the same time. But I guess an upside is that it will give other people time to catch up? But it's starting to get a lot cooler here in Cincinnati and a sweater is something I will need soon. I think I'll bring it to work with me Sunday and work on it. I'm hoping to at least get the body done soon - only a few inches to go!

I need to break out the sewing machine, too. I promised a friend I'd make a purse for her (like the one in my first post) and haven't yet. I have things I want to make, but can't because 1) I don't have time to buy fabric and 2) I still don't have a place for my sewing machine yet. (The office area is a temporary storage area while other rooms in the house get painted. I don't even have my desk set up yet. Ugh!)

At least I do have a designated creative time, though. I'm taking a printmaking class, so I do still have time to use my favorite side of the brain. I am also going to try to incorporate some hand sewing into my prints, so we'll see how that goes. My professor seems to be open to just about everything, so hey. (Some people are really into the whole incorporating "craft" and more domestic arts into fine art and others are not. Personally, I love it when people do that and now it's my turn to give it a shot.)

How do you find a creative outlet when you feel like you don't have time for anything?

2 comments:

  1. I think that sometimes it's like going to the gym- you just have to suck it up and make time or it'll never get done. I'm also planning on sewing through fall break, thanksgiving break and Christmas break so I can still get stuff done. It's nice that you have an artsy class. My courses are not creative at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think I'm lucky in the sense that it's my job to do creative things. :) And that's a good idea. I think when I get used to my schedule, I'll set aside a time that is just for me.

    ReplyDelete