Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cadence Progress



Time for a progress report! I've been busy running around getting ready for school, getting annoyed with my university because of some problems with my bill, work, and trying to see as much of my friends as possible before all the work begins. September is halfway over and I haven't even posted anything about my Cadence sweater! Here's what it looked like a few weeks ago:

DSC_0003


I'll post a more recent picture soon. As of right now, I only have one negative thing to say about the pattern: PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE INCREASES WHEN KNITTING THE YOKE. I had to frog the whole thing before I realized that I didn't read far ahead enough on the pattern and I completely skipped all the increases that shape the shoulders. It was kind of aggravating. To make it easier on myself, I redrew the entire chart so I would know where to increase, which I can share if anyone is curious. (It'll be for size L, though, so if you're not knitting that size, you wouldn't be able to follow that chart. BUT if you wanted to make you're own, you could see how I did it at least.)

Everything else has been great, though. The yarn itself is holding up very well.Once I separated the sleeves from the body and knit a few inches, I felt so proud of myself because the sweater actually started looking like a sweater and not a blob of yarn. I love seeing progress on knits! I can't wait to finish it and show it off.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You are really far. I haven't even swatched yet! *hangs head in shame* Do share your chart! I know I'd totally just blow right through and miss the increases too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really far because I've been watching a lot of movies, haha! Once I got past the chart, it knit up really fast. I'll go ahead and post the chart I drew out for you! Hopefully it helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am impressed! I am swatching today as my hand is finally healed enough to let me - yahoo!! I'm terrified of the yoke, but will plow ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your hand is healed! And the yoke isn't as tough as it looks. Don't worry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The directions are very confusing for the yoke. I had to cheat and consult Ravelry, and it took me awhile to figure out what was going on.

    ReplyDelete