Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Where did the time go?

So I'm kind of blown away by the fact it's already August. Especially since most of my plans for the summer (finishing my quilt) haven't happened yet. And the sad thing is, I don't really know why. I feel like I should have accomplished a lot more than I have this summer, but oh well, stuff happens.

But! Hopefully I'll have something interesting to post soon. Tomorrow I am shopping with ny friend C for her fabric for her Sailor Senshi yukata. She's going to be Sailor Saturn, so we're going to be hunting for a nice dark purple calico tomorrow. Depending on what she gets, her accent color for her obi and lining with either be chocolate brown (the actual accent color) or lavender. Our goto Sailor Moon guru suggested lavender, so I guess that is an ok option. Depends on the calico we find and whether or not they have any nice browns. Hopefully I'll have more news on that tomorrow!



Sailor Saturn is also one of the few characters that has a large prop - a scythe. C and I both went to art school and have good sculptural skills, but neither of us has made a cosplay prop before. We were originally thinking about carving a block of foam to make a cap for a pole C had used when she was in color guard, but after seeing the tutorials on Kamui Cosplay's blog, her method of dowel rods, cardboard, and spray foam seem like a great idea. (If you are interested in game based cosplay, especially of WoW and Diablo, her blog is really worth checking out. Her costumes are amazing.) It'd be lighter at least. That's something to think about later, but since C can't sew and I'm still a newbie to it, it's probably going to be one of the first things we make. We'll see what happens at our next Yukata Sewing Party next month.

So not much of an update, but hopefully I'll have progress on something worth updating soon. I'm not giving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment